Sunday 21 September 2014

Make Modern Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to my stop on the Make Modern Magazine Blog Hop!

Make Modern


This little quilter is quite chuffed to be rubbing (virtual) shoulders with the amazing designers featured and I have been soaking up inspiration from each and every page!

Here's a little preview of my quilt ... you can find all the pattern details, fabric requirements and a few tips on sewing 3D Pinwheels in Issue 1.



Look at all that scrap busting potential in those pinwheels!



Have you tried 3D Pinwheels before?  They are really not that scary ... 'Quilter's Promise' ... and they'll add a lot of extra dimension (obviously) to your quilts ... or pillows ... or ... (addiction disclaimer).

At the end of the day, we quilters just like to make things for the people we love and care about and my baby quilt pattern was designed to do just that ... 

To snuggle and comfort

... For a full preview of Issue One click here to be tempted ...

Front Cover - Issue One

... and once I've trapped you in my 3D Pinwheel honey pot ... click here to go and get yourself a copy ... or the next six!

I've enjoyed flicking through the pages so far and have quite a few projects dog-eared to make ... if you've already made something please let us know ... on IG you can hashtag #makemodern or if you prefer you can email the team ... they would love to hear from you and see your projects.

I hope you have enjoyed following the Blog Hop so far? ... Here's the schedule, just in case you've missed any, and I'll see you at Ms Midge's place in a few days!

1st September                   Make Modern
3rd September                   Kristy @ Quiet Play
5th September                   Where Jane Creates
7th September                   Gina @ Party of Eight: Our Story
9th September                   Molli Sparkles
11th September                 Juliet @ The Tartan Kiwi
13th September                 cat&vee
15th September                 Ruth @ Ben and Charly’s corner
17th September                 Kelly @ Kelliotmagic
19th September                 Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts
21st September                 Serena @ Sew Giving
23rd September                 Melissa @ Ms Midge
25th September                 Anne @ Hudson Valley Quilts

Serena xx

7 comments:

  1. Well done, Serena!
    Hmm. I don't remember seeing the back pictured in the magazine. I love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling! I have never seen pinwheels like this. I will have to add it to my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinwheels and the srappiness of them. So verstile - wouldn't they be cool on a quilt as you go Tote bag too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scrappy and deminsional pinwheels, Serena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely project - so glad to have it in our first issue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is lovely and do like that scrap potential. I like the projects in MM but somehow I feel a bit overhelmed so I don't want to add anything to my list at the moment. I might always change my mind, right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fabulous! Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...