Thursday 18 September 2014

Drift - A Finished Quilt

We are far away from it all here, but my goodness ... once you've come West ... well I won't go on about it, but what we lack in cheap post and affordable fabric, we most definitely gain in stunning gorges to the north, lush forests to the south and beautiful beaches spanning the entire coastline.


When I first saw the Drift fabric range it reminded me so much of my honeymoon ... watching the beautiful sunsets over the beaches in Broome ...Western Australia




The Art Gallery Fabric was a perfect match for Elizabeth Hartman's New Wave pattern and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turn out ... just quietly ...




I had some fun with the quilting ...



... trying patterns I had not attempted before.




I used hanky linen to separate the 'waves' and to bind the quilt.  The texture is something else.




it's going to be really hard to let this one go ... especially for Miss 4 ... she's loved this quilt right from the start.  

The only conciliation being that it's going to her favourite Aunt.


Our little Mermaid wants to keep this one ...

I now declare this quilt Sew Given.

Serena xx

Stats:
Size 46" x 50"
Fabric Front - Drift by Art Gallery Fabrics and Hanky Linen Birch supplied by Craftproject
Backing - Ikea fabric
Binding - Hanky Linen Birch
Quilting - Various Free Motion Quilting patterns done by me!

I'll be linking up with TGIFF,  Finish It Up Friday and Sew Cute Tuesday







27 comments:

  1. Congrats, Serena, on a very serene finish :) So beautiful! And that backing fabric is awesome too! I can see where this one would be very difficult to part with! Your quilting looks awesome!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful quilt! The fabrics work perfectly with the design

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right - it really is so beautiful. And I love that you've tried so many different styles of FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is so beautiful and I can see the sunset on the beach. It is sure to be loved in its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on beautiful finish! It really looks great. Perfect combo of pattern and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are beautiful and really suit the pattern. It's great to see you having fun with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Serena. Those fabrics go together so well, and your quilting is great. Your sister/in law will the thrilled I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, very beautiful and the receiver will most definitely love it she will cherish it forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous! Pairing up those fabrics with the hanky linen was perfect. And the quilting is amazing. Great photos, too, Serena! She's going to love this special gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Serena - this is STUNNING! And absolutely perfectly captures the colours of our beautiful state. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - I need to check out this hanky linen, what a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous! The colors are so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great and I'm loving the disco ball effects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sew pretty and fun pictures too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you did a great job! I love IKEA fabrics incorporated in quilts and this one is a perfect match to your colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply stunning! I love that backing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! The photos are fantastic! I am glad your little one will get to visit the quilt at her aunt's... she seems to be quite attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very soft and pretty. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilt! That pattern is so great for those fabrics, and the quilting works so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colorplay in your quilt is beautiful!!! I love how you arranged it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is beautiful!
    It is a shame you cannot give it complete with sparkles. I love whatever it is that catches the sun in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is really lovely and I like the backing fabric too. Would be hard to give away alright!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's even better in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad that you had fun with the pattern. Your quilt looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...