Wednesday 24 July 2013

WIP - Stuck In My Head!

It been a day of music for me ...

I've had "Climb Every Mountain!", aka Sound of Music, playing in my head whilst sewing up the last bits of this dress for my youngest.  The fabric is from Saffron Craig's Valley View collection and reminds me of snow topped mountains ... "The Hills are alive with the ..." - ok I'll stop now.



The bubble dress turned out just the way I wanted it to ... um ... except for the size.  Turns out it fits my oldest instead - must have got my measuring tape in a knot!  


Other than my mix up of sizes, the StraightGrain Peplum Dress Tutorial was easy to follow and I think I'll be making some more for my girls this summer (note to self - measure correctly!).

Ugh! Bluuuury photo

The other song I've been singing along to is Michael Jackson's "Black or White".

As soon as I pick up two pieces of black and white fabric the song starts playing in my head.


Wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that I ONLY know the chorus - so around and around and around it goes ... I'm starting to go a little "Insane in the membrane" - oh ... make it stop!

Your WIP at Freshly Pieced will provide a much needed distraction!

Sx


 

11 comments:

  1. Your black-and-white is a piece of "wow". It took me more than a cursory glance to find the rules you used to make it up. I will certainly bear it in mind as an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white quilts and the houndstooth is awesome! I know about songs in the head while sewing ;-)
    The dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for using my pattern! It really looks gorgeous - what a great fabric choice! an

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you An, your pattern was an absolute pleasure to use. Thank you so much for sharing it. I've noticed that a lot of the children's fashion stores in Perth (Western Australia) are stocking their shelves with bubble dresses for this summer coming 2013/2014 - so you may have a rush on people playing with your wonderful pattern. Seems you are very fashion-forward :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this dress! So so so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fabric is awesome. Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so cute! And my WIP is a houndstooth as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I remember last week I couldn't figure out what the black and white was for and you told me hounds tooth... I admit I still couldn't picture it lol. This looks awesome and its so cool to watch it come together. The dress = awesome, my youngest (12) would love it! She is a huge dress lover!

    I am stopping by from the WIP hop, hop by if you get a chance! http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/07/wip-wednesday-july-24th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous houndstooth!
    I took my baby on a saturday bang
    boy is that girl with you
    yes we're one and the same
    Now i believe in miracles and a miracle
    has happened tonight
    but if you're thinkin' about my baby
    it don't matter if you're black or white
    they print my message in the saturday sun
    i had to tell them i ain't secound to none
    and i told about equality and it's true
    either you're wrong or you're right
    but if you're thinkin' about my baby
    it don't matter if you're black or white
    Lyrics from eLyrics.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Now I can sing along a little more and not go crazy with just the chorus - my saviour!!! Tehe :)

      Delete
  9. Great job on the houndstooth!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...