Wednesday 10 July 2013

Almost there! WIP

It’s almost time to hug and kiss this baby goodbye.


 All quilted blocks are sewn together, sashing and borders are on.

Slight pinning overkill !

I was going to back this quilt with the same white, spotted fabric that I used for the sashing



but … being that I’ve used the QAYG technique for this one, you end up having the fabric from the front showing in the seams at the back.



I could see these seams through the proposed white fabric backing.  So I had to go fabric shopping for an alternative – what a shame (ahem).



Fabric picked for the backing is a little buy from Spotlight.  



The retro-ish pattern compliments Aneela Hoey’s Posy range nicely. 



All basted and ready for quilting in the ditch.



I must say that this Quilt As You Go technique has been fun to use so far.  I’ll see how I go with sewing all three layers together using my little Brother.


...the little sewing machine that could!

Hope you're making some good progress on your projects?  

I'll see you over at Freshly Pieced WIP.

Sx




6 comments:

  1. I love having excuses to shop for fabric! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so tough when you just -have- to shop for new fabric!! Great choice though. The quilt is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely and I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful quilt!! I envy how well you do on a little machine...congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried QAYG yet. I'm also surprised to see using regular pins. I always see and use the safety pins :-) And I like you color scheme. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks! The QAYG technique is gaining popularity it seems, I'm going to have to try some more of it myself.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...