I started planning this little coin purse the moment she felt her tooth getting wobbly.
My daughter picked out her own fabrics ... Lizzy House as the feature fabric ... what can I say? The girl is still star struck from our day in Kings Park with Lizzy.
Some Art Gallery Paperie (designed by Amy Sinibaldi) for the lining.
We decided that the baby teeth needed a safe place in the coin purse so I made a little "tooth pocket" to go inside and embroidered some closed eyes with some DMC thread (two strand thickness)
I purchased the cutest ever Candy Ball purse frame from here
Here's how it was looking before the "frame wrangling" began ...
|Looking inside from the front|
Now all I had to do was work out how to sew the frame in ... well I knew how to sew it in, but holding it in place and centred, without using glue was proving to be a bit of a pain in the &^%$## ....
So I did what all frustrated quilters do when stumped ... had a cup of tea ... ate half a pack of chocolate biscuits and ... asked Google for the answer.
Luckily Google came up with the goods before I managed to stress eat the remaining half pack of chocolate biscuits ... Use basting stitches to secure it first! Duh! Here's the post that helped with that light bulb moment.
Finally a result!
I used metallic Aurifil Brillo #517 ... aka tooth fairy dust thread ... to hand sew the frame to the body of the purse ... not my finest moment of hand sewing ... but my daughter loves it all the same!
Advert your eyes if gappy smiles make you squeamish!
Tooth Fairy time!!