The main things that tipped me over the edge was the need for a TV hand sewing project and the fact that I'd just done a lot of sewing on my machine for my daughter's School Fete (which went awesome by the way).
I love my machine (like a lot) but we needed some time apart ... so, yer, here I am, sewing a LP!
Now lets not kid ourselves, this "quilt" could just end up the size of a perfectly formed cushion, however, I'm pleased to say that I have at least surpassed the "this is sooo going to be a pin cushion" stage. Yay me!
I do still have to attached the stars to my first cog though, so let's hope this project is not left languishing between the pin cushion and cushion stage ... that could happen.
I've decided to use my AMH fabrics for this project, hoping that these beauties will spur me on when times get tough. I won't want to waste them ... that's the theory ... and so I will keep chugging along.
The only diversion I've made from her fabrics is that I'm using black and white solids for all the stars ... which is not helping my arachnophobia by the way ... they look a little like hairy spiders to me!
You never really see much (if any) black and white in AMH fabrics, mostly just gorgeous saturated colours, so I'm hoping that this works.
But, choosing black for the smallest pieces of the pattern ... to work on at night ... may not have been my brightest moment (stupid is as stupid does).
I think I'll have to invest in one of those lights that you wear on your head for cave exploring ...
Attractiveness comes in all forms people!
Linking up with WIP Wednesday